Saturday 15 June 2019

The Strangerville Mystery Part 2

The Strangerville Mystery

A Strangerville Story

Part 2 - Behind The Door.

Welcome to our first Sims 4 story!  I may be a little rusty so apologies for that, but I hope you enjoy :)

Now, if you have not yet played the Strangerville Story be warned, this story is a SPOILER!

So if you don't want to know what happens go back, do not enter here, this is not the path.

So, on with the story...


Adriana: It works!


Wait! What are those things in the air?

Adriana: What things?


You can't see them?

Adriana: Nope. Have you had your eyes checked recently?


Adriana: See, nothing to worry about. Oh look another door! I wonder if the key-card will work on that one.


I don't think you should go that way.  Seriously, I can see something!

Adriana: Stop fussing it's fine!


Adriana: Oh, I don't feel so good.

I told you, there's something in the air!  Get out!


Adriana: *faints*

Adriana!  


Adriana?

Adriana: Be one with Mother. Mother knows all.

Adriana! Snap out of it!


Adriana: Worship the seed of Mother.

Don't touch it! Snap out of it!


Adriana: Oh.

You're okay!

Adriana: Yeah, was just kidding. 

Not funny. And what happened to that plant, what did you do!

Adriana: I just poked at it, and it changed.

Why would you do that?!

Adriana: Was trying to scare you, thought it would be funny.

I'm not laughing.



Back at the bar eh?

Adriana: I need to figure out how to get through that other door. The key to all this has to be through there.
 

Anything so far?

Adriana: Nope, I'll try the sneaky way.


Adriana: What is up with the sky tonight?

I don't know, but it doesn't look good.


Adriana: You don't think I caused that strange cloud by opening the door do you?

Well it is possible. I saw something in the air, really I did!


Adriana: Yes, I'm sorry, I should have believed you before.


The cloud hung ominously over the laboratory, glowing from the lighting that it seemed to contain.


Also the ground was littered with small glowing objects, like spores.

This could not be good.


Adriana: There are tendrils in my toilet.

What! How did they get there?


Adriana: I don't know but they are not staying!


 Any news from the bugs?

Adriana: It seems these tendrils are appearing all over the town and there has been an increase in the number of strange plants. I'm going to go and see what I can find out.


Adriana: Have you any idea what is causing this?

Melody: There have been rumors that someone unsealed the old laboratory and that's what is causing all this. But that's just silly.  I mean who would be stupid enough to do that!

Adriana: Yeah, who. *gulp*

Melody: I mean, who knows what is down there. You would need a hazmat suit or something!

Adriana: Hazmat suit? Great idea!

Melody: Pardon?

Adriana: Ah, nothing. Just... gotta run! 


Phew that was close!

Adriana: Yeah. But great idea.  Now where could I find one. Maybe I'll pop by the curiosity shack, they seem to have everything!

Good idea. 

 

Adriana: Arggh!  Another one!



 Adriana: This is driving me nuts! How is it getting in the plumbing!

 

I thought you were heading to the curiosity shack?

Adriana: Work assignment.

Oh.


Adriana: *urggh*


Adriana: *arrgghh*


Adriana: You changed the weights again didn't you.

If you say so... 


Adriana: Urm, hi. I was wondering if you had a hazmat suit for sale?

Shack Guy: Hey, listen lady. You from the Military or something? Why would you need something like that anyway?


Adriana: No, really, I'm not trying to trick you. I just always wanted one.

Shack Guy: Always wanted a hazmat suit?

Adriana: Yeah, yanno, like in Back to the Future.

Shack Guy: Okay, you seem genuine.  Meet me round the back in 5.

Adriana: Thank you!

Shack Guy: But be warned. It's missing its filter so you will need to get a new one from one of the scientists in town.

Adriana: No problem.

Shack Guy: Be careful who you trust and if anyone asks, you didn't get it from me.

Adriana: Got it.



So I guess you need to get that filter sorted, any ideas?

Adriana: I'll head out tomorrow. It's Harvestfest so everyone will be spending the day with family and friends. 


Adriana: Why wont they be happy! Ungrateful ugly little garden ornaments!


Adriana: Arrgghh!

Maybe you shouldn't have called them ugly!


Adriana: I'm just going to ignore them and maybe they will go away.


So, how's the ignoring the gnomes going.

Adriana: Don't ask.

 

Oh dear. Old George is at it again.

Adriana: Such a shame, he seems like such a nice man.


What happened!

Adriana: Gnomes! *mutters under breath*


Adriana: I swear that cloud is getting bigger.

Best get working on that filter.


Adriana: Tomorrow once I'm rid of the small army following me.



Okay, so what's the plan?

Adriana: I've done some research and I'm going to need a few things to get the filter made.

Oh?

Adriana: I need to get back into the lab and find more data on the infection.

The lab? You know what happened last time.

Adriana: I saw another corridor down the stairs, you can keep an eye out for spores in the air while I poke around.

It seems risky.

Adriana: I need to stop this.



Adriana: Really! Not again! 


Adriana: Die beastly tendril things die!


Adriana: Can you see anything?

Nope, looking good.


Wait! I see something!

Adriana: How bad is it?

Only a couple of spots but tread slowly. 

Adriana: Can you see downstairs?

Yes. When you get to the bottom stay against the back wall and hold your breath till you reach the next chamber. It looks clear in there.

Adriana: Ok, here goes.


Adriana: There's no security on these, I guess they weren't expecting anyone to get a key-card.



How's it going?

Adriana: There is so much information here. I have all the infection profile data I need but I also found out something else. I know what they were working on!

What was it?


Adriana: A vaccine! It looks like the scientists were trying to help when something went wrong.

Does it say how to make it?

Adriana: No, they didn't perfect it. I need to talk to the scientists.


Adriana: Hi Trevor, how's life treating you these days?

Trevor: Oh, you know. Same old.

Adriana: So, how about a game of chess? Winner gets to ask a tough question.

Trevor: Ooh, sounds interesting! *blushes*

Adriana: Great!

I don't think this game is going to go the way Trevor thinks it is!


Adriana: Hey Arti! You know, I was wondering. Didn't you guys ever try and make a cure for this weird affliction that seems to be all over this town?

Arti: We did try, just couldn't get it right before... I really shouldn't be talking about this.

Adriana: It's fine, I wont say anything. Can you tell me what you used?

Arti: No. I've already said too much. I should go now.

Adriana: Dammit!


So how did it go with Trevor?

Adriana: Not well. He kept winning.

Oh.

Adriana: We are now going to Geek Con. 

Really *smirks*

Adriana: It's not like that. He just kept winning, I got tired of playing so agreed so I could talk to Arti!

That didn't go so well did it.

Adriana: Not really, no.



 I thought you'd be researching?

Adriana: I'll work on Trevor some more, I have a plan.


So? Anything.

Adriana: Well, it is costing me a ride in the rocket ship but Trevor can get me a filter.

Excellent! And the vaccine?

Adriana: Working on that bit.


So, did you get chance to ask him?

Adriana: I managed to get spore clusters out of him but I know there is more.

He's dragging this out isn't he!

Adriana: *sighs* Yes.


Adriana: *shrieks* Gets me every time!


Adriana: Oh, my guests are here.

Guests?

Adriana: Just having a little get together.


Ahh I see. Trevor.

Adriana: I will get the ingredients! 


Any luck?

Adriana: Actually yes!

Well?

Adriana: Oh, right. Its actually only 2 ingredients, they just never got the balance right. I need spore clusters and bizarre fruit.

So we already know how to get the fruit but what about the spores?

Adriana: I need an infection scanner, I'll send out the feelers at work and see who can be trusted.


Adriana: I swear that cloud is watching me somehow!


It is rather imposing isn't it.

Adriana: Just a bit!



Adriana: Well there goes that option.  Dammit she would have been perfect!

Now what?

Adriana: I have an idea.


So what is this amazing idea?

Adriana: I just create a fake ID and post on this conspiracy forum that I am looking for a scanner.


Adriana: Then I go and get a drink at the bar.

You are leaving your laptop there!

Adriana: Exactly.


Now what?

Adriana: Now we watch people's reaction.


Hows it going?

Adriana: That woman won't get off her Simbook feed and this guy wont shut up!

Dreds Guy: Hey! Just trying to be friendly here!


That went well.

Adriana: Some people are so sensitive.


Adriana: So Sir, I wan't to improve my skills so I can really be of value in my post and think it would be really beneficial if I could just have some practice with a scanner so I have that extra knowledge to push me forward in my career.

What a load of....

Army Guy: It's not really allowed, but I like to see a recruit with spirit. I'll see what I can do.

Adriana: Thank you Sir. *salutes*

I cannot believe that worked. *stares blankly*


Adriana: Seriously! I'm busting for a pee!


Adriana: Oh, hello.

Guy: Hello, the Sergeant sent me.

Adriana: Really? 


Guy: He asked me to give you this.

Adriana: Thanks! That was quick!

Guy: Good luck with that career advancement.

Adriana: Err, thanks.


What's that?

Adriana: It's the filter! *squeals*


 Adriana: All the pieces are coming together nicely. What time is it?

Hmm about 6ish. Will be getting dark soon.

Adriana: I think there is time.

For what.. hey where did you go?



Adriana: How do I look? *poses*

I thought you might wait for morning.


Adriana: Nope! I'm going exploring!


Don't you think you should start working on that vaccine?


Adriana: Soon. Now I want to see what is behind that door!


TO BE CONTINUED...


No comments:

Post a Comment